Shared Governance Committee
Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
|Name||Primary Constituency||Faculty Rank||Role|
|Scott Wayne||Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
|Jonathan Abraham||School of Dentistry
|Ruchi Bhandari||School of Public Health||Assistant Professor||Member|
|Asad Davari||WVU Institute of Technology||Professor||Member|
|Christina Fattore||Eberly College of Arts and Sciences||Associate Professor||Member|
|Julia Fraustino||Reed College of Media||Assistant Professor||Member|
|Stanley Hileman||School of Medicine
|Pawan Jain||Chambers College of Business and Economics||Assistant Professor||Member|
|Evelyn Martin||School of Nursing
||Teaching Associate Professor||Member|
|Jessica McMillen||WVU Libraries||Associate University Librarian||Member|
|Emily Murphy||College of Applied Human Sciences||Professor||Member|
|Rodney Powers||School of Dentistry||Associate Professor||Member|
|Ramana Reddy||Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources||Professor||Member|
|Jayme Scally||Eberly College of Arts and Sciences||Teaching Assistant Professor||Member|
|Jared Sims||College of Creative Arts||Associate Professor||Member|
|Frankie Tack||College of Applied Human Sciences||Assistant Professor||Senate Chair|
|Joan Vogtman||WVU Potomac State College||Associate Professor||Member|
- Survey other institutions’ governing documents to compare and contrast their definitions and processes of shared governance to that of West Virginia University, our Faculty Senate, and our Constitution.
- Determine the type and amount of input faculty normally have at other institutions have with respect to input on specific administrative positions/titles/job descriptions, such as Provost, Vice-Provost, Associate-Provost, and Dean positions, and compare faculty input at West Virginia University to that at other institutions.
- Examine the degree of input faculty normally have with respect to the people hired in administrative positions at West Virginia University, and compare that to other institutions.
- Generally examine variances between protocols of shared governance at West Virginia University and other institutions and determine what variance exists – if any – between those institutions and ours.
- Evaluate national trends and report on best practices related to shared governance in higher education, and consider making recommendations to appropriate University bodies including the Office of the President, the Office of the Provost, the West Virginia University Board of Governors, and other Centers, Colleges, Schools and programs affiliated with the University.
- Address in a timely fashion other issues pertinent to the charge of the committee.