Skip to main content
GEC to GEF Transition Workshops
November 13th, 10-11 am, Evansdale Library, 130
November 15th, 3-4 pm, Downtown Library, R136
November 28th, 10-11 am, Downtown Library, R136
December 7th, 1-2 pm, Evansdale Library, 130
Timeline for transition at WVU
- GEC courses have been moved into the GEF.
- GEF courses have been harmonized across the WVU system.
- There is a hold on the submission of any new courses seeking entrance into the GEF for the 2017-18 academic year.
- Beginning in the Spring 2017 semester, the Senate GEF Committee began working with
faculty teaching GEF courses to bring all courses into alignment with the LEAP
Essential Learning Outcomes. Departments will be contacted and faculty may participate
in a short transition seminar where they can work with WVU’s Teaching and Learning
Commons and the Senate GEF Committee.
- Individual faculty may continue to transition their courses both before and after
an Area’s deadline for submission.
However, courses not submitted through CIM by December 31, 2017 will be removed
from the GEF and then have to reapply as a new GEF course to be added back in.